Major League Fishing Tackle Warehouse Pro Tour takes to the Mississippi River
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (WXOW) – The 2021 professional tour of Major League fishing equipment warehouses came to La Crosse this week with 50 of the world’s top professional anglers tackling the Mississippi River.
Among them is Cody meyer, an 11 year veteran of the pro circuit. âI remember being five years old and falling in love with bass fishing,â Meyer said. “I remember telling my parents that when I grow up I want to be a professional fisherman.”
And that’s exactly what the Idaho fisherman did.
News 19’s Travis Judell spent the day on the water with Meyer during his Sunday practice round.
The tournament starts August 17 and ends Sunday August 22.
Here are more details about the tournament:
Major League Fishing (MLF) Warehouse Title presented by Mercury – the Pro Circuit Championship, presented by Bad Boy Mowers
- It will be the first MLF pro championship event organized on fishing.
- Anglers will compete up to Grand prize of $ 235,000, total purse for the event is $ 855,000 and all anglers are guaranteed a check.
- The fishermen will take off at 7:00 a.m. each day of competition Veterans freedom park, located at 401, rue Clinton in La Crosse.
- Weighings will be daily at 3 p.m. at the park – fans are invited to attend the launch and weigh-ins or follow online.
- Fans can watch the action all day on the MLF application or on MajorLeagueFishing.com of 7:30 a.m. to approx. 4:30 p.m.., for tournament action followed by the live broadcast of the weigh-in for the live scores.
Fishing and outdoor fair: Saturday and Sunday August 21-22 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT at Veterans Freedom Park
- Fans can meet the pros and check out the latest fishing and outdoor gear. The FREE exhibit includes live music, great food, vendor booths from participating sponsors, kids’ activities, freebies and more.
- The first 100 children (10 and under) will receive a free rod and reel at the Expo on Saturday and Sunday and fans can sign up for a Jackson Kayak Coosa FD giveaway once a day, onsite at the Expo. The winner will be drawn after the final weigh-in on August 22.
FREE Fishing Derby for Kids: Sunday August 22, noon to 2 p.m. at Copeland Park
- 14 and under
- Participants can bring their own fishing gear or use the equipment provided on a first come, first served basis.
- Register online at MajorLeagueFishing.com.
Tackle Warehouse Pro Circuit TV Coverage TITLE Presented by Mercury The event will be presented through six two-hour episodes, premiering at 7 a.m. ET on October 10 on the Outdoor Channel.
- The episodes air Sunday mornings on the Outdoor Channel through November 14.
- Each two hour episode goes in depth to break down each day of competition.